Sanitization

Is UV-C light effective for disinfection?

It is known that UV light can kill viruses, germs and bacteria. However, can be sure that it is effective enough or whether it is harmful for our health?

Studies show that UV-C light is completely safe for humans and cannot harm us in any way. Moreover, using UV-C lights for disinfection is extremely desirable. You might be wondering why.

In order to disinfect any space or item we have a couple of options. We can use heavy chemicals physical disinfection equipment that can be dangerous on one hand and wasteful and expensive on the other.  Moreover, bacteria and viruses are able to develop resistance to many of the chemicals that are available on the market and are most commonly used.

That is why more and more people are turning to UV-C disinfection. And they are not wrong. It is scientifically proven that UV-C light kills 99.9% germs on the items and its crevices where you can’t reach while using chemicals!

Ultraviolet light belongs in the electromagnetic spectrum with a wavelength in the range of 200 to 400 nm (nanometers), which is shorter than that of visible light, but longer than X-rays.

Short-wave UV with a wavelength of 200-280nm is also called UV-C. It can destroy DNA or RNA molecular structure of bacteria, causing cell death.

That is why cleaning our small personal items, that we use constantly every day, such as mobile phones, keys, lighters etc. should be cleaned using UV-C lights. We don’t want to use heavy chemicals to clean our phones, that we will use only minutes after touching them with our fingers or even our faces.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *